Monday 1 July 2013

Lookie, lookie, I made a croquis!

Not too much sewing going on at the moment as I've started a new contract but I have been managing to draw pictures of clothes on myself.

Following advice from the Colette Sewing Handbook I have made croquis of myself and been having lots of fun playing with it:



 I used to do this when I was a teenager and it's still just as much fun though now I can also work out what suits my shape and what REALLY doesn't (the drop waist playsuit being a good example of what doesn't). It's also helped me see that my shape isn't as bad as I thought it was post-baby- it's just the clothes that I've been trying to squeeze back into that are not working for me.

I have also discovered that my work wardrobe is woefully inadequate so am currently in the process of making a Ginger skirt from this black mystery fabric that I found on a stall at Dalston market. It's magic- so soft and drapey whilst having body AND not being a nightmare to sew. Loving it.

And so, I leave you with a picture of my little one enjoying the summer this past weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Croquis! I'm currently taking a Pattern-making course and have to design garment using croquis as well. So much fun! And, how cute is your little one?? :) Just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and to let you know I responded to your comments! And, so excited to have also found your blog, a new sewing blog to follow and read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH! I'd absolutely love a pattern-making course that sounds very exiting. Loving the antics of kitty over on your blog- cats are just ace, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete